Last Updated: June 30, 2023
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands recognizes and respects the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers, registered members, gift recipients, business contacts and other users (each of which may be referred to, individually and where applicable, as "you"), and has established this privacy notice ("Privacy Notice") as a result. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of:
- the information, including personal information, we may collect about you when you visit our Website (as defined below), view or otherwise interact with our emails, place orders, provide product reviews, chat with our virtual gifting assistants, submit website feedback, participate in sweepstakes and promotions, engage with other interactive features of our Website, receive orders, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App), use our e-Gifting Service, visit our physical facilities and events, or otherwise interact with us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), online chat, email, social media, fax, mail, or courier service (collectively, our "Service");
- why we gather information about you;
- how we collect it;
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it);
- how we secure your personal information and
- the choices you may have regarding the personal information we have collected about you.
This Privacy Notice does not cover information you provide to our independently owned and operated franchised retail stores. This Privacy Notice also does not cover personal information that we collect about employees, job applicants, and contractors relative to their employment or engagement with us.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, except as noted below and unless you are explicitly notified otherwise, the Company is the controller of your personal information, and where the processing of personal information is also undertaken by our Affiliates with whom you engage, the applicable Affiliate(s) are joint controllers with the Company for your personal information. Joint controllers are all responsible for deciding how your personal information is held and used.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe to, or register for the Service as a member (or 21 years or older in the event that you place a request for transmission of an order for a product containing alcohol). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Company is committed to making our Website's content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on the Website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please call us at 1-800-356-9377 or email our team at Accessibility@1800flowers.com with "Disabled Access" in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.
WHY WE GATHER INFORMATION
For individuals subject to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union ("EU") or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ("UK"), our processing of your personal information is justified on the following legal bases:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
- you have consented to the processing.
This Privacy Notice applies to all visitors, including EU and UK residents. Additional information on our privacy practices with respect to EU and UK residents, and the rights that may be available to you as an EU or UK resident, can be viewed here.
WHAT INFORMATION WE GATHER
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect some or all of the following categories of information:
- Contact and other personal information: your name, address, postal code, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information, as well as gender and birth date, if you choose or are otherwise required to enter such information, and interests,
- Billing information: credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address,
- Purchase information: products purchased and occasion type and date (for example, particular holidays or anniversaries), and any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles or using an affiliate code or link),
- Gift-related information: gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birthdates and email addresses, and the gift messages you include,
- Device information about the devices you use to access our Service (including mobile devices), platform information, user identification number and general device location,
- Application information - including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications,
- Network information –including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Service, and
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
A. In general.
We collect your information when you:
- visit our Website and/or use our Service,
- view or otherwise interact with our emails,
- place an order or receive a gift,
- participate in our Celebrations Passport® loyalty program,
- participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, interactive Website features, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, live events, requests for suggestions, requests for reviews and user-generated content, and membership registrations,
- seek assistance from our customer service team through email, telephone, automated and live chat sessions, or any other channels,
- visit our facilities and events,
- request a catalog or other information, and
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to you.
The information may be provided directly to us by you, such as when placing an order or participating in a survey, or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain device and usage information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream or other session data that may be recorded as you interact with our Website or mobile applications, to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
We may also gather infor